What you don't read here is also an important part of the project. Everything has been on hold because the drill press needed repairs (the chuck kept falling off). Took the spindle to a local machine shop; however when I got the part back the chuck wobbled slightly. Not good! EBay solved the problem after some off-EBay dickering with a dealer.
Per an earlier post, the first run at a trim tab hinge was all boogered up. So this time I used a #41 drill bit and a rivet fan to carefully lay out and drill the hinge holes. At least with this rivet fan a #41 bit is perfect in the rivet fan holes, as you can see in the photo below. Using the rivet fan really helped clean up "eyeball" variances from hole to hole. Simply clecoed then ends, then drilled holes in between, using the rivet fan to guide the drill press directly.
Used ProSeal to glue some foam ribs inside, and also carefully riveted the tab together. It's sitting in a corner for a week or so while the ProSeal sets up.
Next I closed up more of the left elevator and also glued up the apex wedge in its trailing edge. Hard to believe how much day all of this ate up, but a great way to spend a rainy Saturday.
Total Time: 5 Hours